With the ever-changing situation surrounding COVID-19 and the unprecedented response to this situation, we are letting you know the steps the the course is taking to keep this a safe and fun place. We anticipate the course will continue to update its procedures and additional measures will be implemented as deemed appropriate. We shall implement best case practices, and any health directives current or in the future as issued by the Town, State or Federal Government. We do anticipate these will be temporary measures and are hoping as warmer weather arrives, we will be able to downscale these implementations.
We are asking the players and patrons to help control the spread of this virus. We ask that you implement the following practices when you are at the course:
- Do not gather in large groups. Practice social distancing – two club lengths are about six feet.
- Only one person on the tee at a time.
- Leave the flagstick in place while playing.
- Schedule tee times online.
- Dispose of pencils after your round.
- To minimize transmission via droplets, try to walk next to (not behind) other golfers.
- Consider continuation putting – furthest away puts first, continue putting until you hole out. Allow “gimmies”. Again, this eliminates the need to touch the cup.
- If your ball is within six feet of another, move the ball, as the virus can be carried in airborne water droplets.
- If you have any reason to think you have been exposed to the virus or to someone else exposed to the virus please stay home.
- The COVID-19 virus is proving to be a very serious issue across the country, and if you are feeling ill in any way, please adhere to governmental agencies recommendations and stay home.
- Ask us for any assistance that you may need.
By implementing these steps now, it is our hope to minimize any disruption now and in the future at Westborough Golf Club. Your cooperation, patience, and participation is vital to the success of this challenge. Please feel free to reach out to us with any concerns or questions.